- August 1945
- Born in Wakayama Prefecture, Japan
- June 1969
- Received his LL.B. from the University of Tokyo
- July 1969
- Entered the Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry
- September 1980
- Deputy Counselor, Cabinet Secretariat (Prime Minister of Japan and His Cabinet)
- April 1983
- Appointed as a Consul of the Consulate General of Japan in Sydney (in charge of economy)
- August 1987
- Appointed as a Division Manager of the Commerce, the Industry and Labor Division in Toyama
- July 1990
- Appointed as a Director of the Personnel Division of the Japan Patent Office (a member of the Patent Attorney Examination and Disciplinary Committee)
- July 1994
- Appointed as a Minister of the Japanese Embassy in the U.S.A (in charge of economy)
- June 1996
- Appointed as a Director-General of the Nuclear Safety Bureau, the Science and Technology Agency
- June 1998
- Appointed as a Director-General of the Science and Technology Promotion Bureau, the Science and Technology Agency
- July 1999
- Retired from the Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry Appointed as a Director of the Shoko Chukin Bank, Ltd. (in charge of general affairs)
- July 2001
- Appointed as an Executive Officer of Kawasaki Heavy Industries, Ltd. (President of the Kansai Branch, etc.)
- February 2007
- Registered as a Japanese attorney and joined Iwata Godo
- April 2009
- Appointed as an Administrative Director of the Nippon Intellectual Property Translation Association (NIPTA).
- July 2011
- Appointed as a Vice Deputy Chairman and Executive Director of Japan Leasing Association.
- June 2013
- Appointed as an Outside Board Member of Nagano Keiki Co., Ltd.
My specialty areas include the Intellectual Property Rights, the science and technology, environment and energy (in particular nuclear energy, etc.), and crisis management, etc., and I would like to contribute to the society by making best use of my experiences that I have gained from the above careers and from being a guest professor at Kobe University and Tokyo University of Science.
List of Main Publications
・A Way to the Future of Nuclear Power (ENERGY for the FUTURE, 2016, No.3)
・“Be revitalized for Japan, Kansai” (“Taiyo Kikaku Shuppansya, 2005)
Lectures, Seminars and Conferences
We held a TPP (Trans-Pacific Strategic Economic Partnership Agreement) seminar inviting Mr. Eric C Emerson; Partner of Washington DC based Steptoe & Johnson LLP, and Ms. Kabashima Hiromi Associate Professor of Yokohama National International Graduate School of Social Sciences and having Tanaka Norio; Advisor of our office as a panelist at a conference room in Marunouchi Building.
Speaker： TANAKA Norio