- November 1965
- Born in Kumamoto Prefecture, Japan
- March 1984
- Graduated from Kumamoto High School
- March 1989
- Received his LL.B. from Waseda University
- March 1993
- Received his Diploma from the Legal Training and Research Institute of the Supreme Court of Japan (45th)
- April 1993
- Registered as a Japanese attorney
- Served at Asahi Law Offices (Present: Nishimura & Asahi) (Served as Partner from 2001)
- May 1997
- Received his LL.M. degree from Columbia University School of Law
- Joined The Industrial Bank of Japan, Limited (Present: Mizuho Bank, Ltd), New York Branch
- Admitted to the New York State Bar Association
- Served as Partner at Latham & Watkins
- Served as In-house Attorney at SMBC Nikko Securities, Inc.
- Appointed as Member of International Committee of the Daini Tokyo Bar Association
- April 2020
- Joined Iwata Godo
・Case of acquisition of the Japanese online advertisement company by the U.S. major Internet company (2007)
・Case of listing by the foreign-affiliated broadcasting & communication company (2005)
・Case of Acquisition of the Japanese telecommunication company by foreign-affiliated private equity fund (2004)
・Case of tender offer to the Japanese listed company by the U.S. Company (2003)
・Case of placement and sales of stock associated with the change in market listing by the subsidiary of the U.S. IT company. (2000)
・Case of establishment of a bank holding company by the integration of major city banks (2000)
・Case of the Japanese company’s direct listing to NASDAQ in the U.S. (1999)
Based on the experience obtained in the leading Japanese and U.S. law firms and as in-house attorney in the corporation, I aim to provide appropriate legal advice and services upon capturing clients’ needs accurately.
Daini Tokyo Bar Association
List of Main Publications
・6,000 Lectures on Legal Issues for Financial Institutions (co-author, Kinzai Institute For Financial Affairs, 2022)
・Expansion of stock options and practice for the issuance of new shares under the revised law (co-author, Chuokeizai-sha, Inc, 2002)
・Private equity in Japan (co-author, Nikkei Inc, 2001)
・All about company split (co-author, Chuokeizai-sha, Inc, 2000)
2023.09Shoji Homu Portal
Karashima Satoshi authors a commentary on METI's best practices guidelines for M&A (Shoji Homu Portal website)
2023.03Shoji Homu Portal
Karashima Satoshi authors a commentary on the Disclosure Working Group Report of the FSA's Financial Advisory Council (Shoji Homu Portal website)
2022.09Shoji Homu Portal
Karashima Satoshi authored a commentary on the provisional injunction against the transfer of Shidax shares held by a Unison Capital fund (Shoji Homu Portal website)
2022.02Shoji Homu Portal
Karashima Satoshi's commentary on the 5th Meeting of the Working Group on Corporate Disclosure of the FSA's Financial System Council is available on the Shoji Homu Portal Site.
2021.08Shoji Homu Portal
Karashima Satoshi's commentary titled "euglena Co., Ltd. Releases Notice Regarding Decision on Date and Time of Extraordinary General Meeting of Shareholders (Virtual Only General Meeting of Shareholders) and Partial Amendment of Articles of Incorporation” is available on the Shoji Homu Portal Site.
2021.01Shoji Homu Portal
Karashima Satoshi's commentary titled "The Working Group on Market System under the Financial System Council Publicizes the First Report: Toward the Realization of an International Financial Center that is Open to the World" is available on the Shoji Homu Portal Site.
We welcomed a new special counsel , Noguchi Motoo , and a new counsel , Karashima Satoshi. We welcomed a new attorney, Ishikawa Teppei.