- February 1979
- Born in Osaka Prefecture, Japan
- March 1997
- Graduated from Nada Senior High School
- March 2007
- Received his LL.B. from the University of Tokyo
- September 2008
- Received his Diploma from the Legal Training and Research Institute of the Supreme Court (old 61st)
- September 2008
- Registered as a Japanese attorney and joined Iwata Godo
- Currently seconded to Rajah & Tann (Thailand) Limited. (Bangkok) (Rajah & Tann LLP. is a law office headquartered in Singapore.)
Dispute resolutions such as corporate litigations, financial litigations, and international litigations.
Asian legal affairs
Dai-Ichi Tokyo Bar Association
List of Main Publications
“Distribution & Marketing of Drugs: Jurisdictional Comparisons” (Japan Chapter) (The European Lawyer Reference Series, 2012)
・“6,000 Lectures on Legal Issues for Financial Institutions” (co-author, Kinzai Institute For Financial Affairs, 2022)
・“Theories and Business Practices of Prescription and Limitation of Period” (co-author, Nihon Kajo Publishing, 2018)
・“Shoji Homu, Recent Commercial Judicial Precedent Bulletins ”(in serial from September 2010 through April 2013) (co-author)
・“Dealing with and Paying Attention to the Denial of Anti-Social Forces at Sales Offices” (co-author, December 2011 issue of Ginko Jitsumu)
・“Special Edition: All about measures for shareholders’ meetings of regional banks” (Kinyu Homu Jijo, No. 1919, 2011) (co-author)
2023.04Shoji Homu Portal
Maruyama Shinji authors "House of Representatives Passes Amendments to the Act Against Unjustifiable Premiums and Misleading Representations" on the Shoji Homu Portal website
2022.11Shoji Homu Portal
Maruyama Shinji authors a commentary "Zenkabukon Establishes Guidelines for Handling Document Requests" on the Shoji Homu Portal website
2022.05Shoji Homu Portal
Maruyama Shinji's commentary on revisions of the Act on Land and Building Leases is available on the Shoji Homu Portal Site.
The lawyers of our firm participated in the writing of "6,000 Lectures on Legal Issues for Financial Institutions" (Kinzai Institute for Financial Affairs, Inc.)
- WAKABAYASHI Shigeo TOJI Yoshihiro TAGO Shinya MOTOMURA Takeshi YOSHIHARA Tomomichi URANAKA Hirotaka UEDA Atsushi SAKAMOTO Tomoko IZUMI Atsushi TANAKA Takashi OKUSHI Kenichi KASHIWAGI Kensuke EIGUCHI Manabu ITO Hiroki ITO Nanako MARUYAMA Shinji MATSUDA Takao FUJIWARA Hiroki MATSUDA Akira AOKI Shinji TOKUMARU Daisuke MUTOU Yuuki FUKASAWA Atsushi KAKUNO Shu TOMITA Yusuke IIDA Hiroshi UENISHI Takuya KUDO Ryohei MORI Shunsuke KARASAWA Akira AOYAMA Masahiro SAITO Hiroki IKEDA Minako ISHIKAWA Teppei YAMADA Kohei SUZUKI Tomohiro SEKIGUCHI Akimasa NAKAMURA Saeko FUKATSU Haruno ADACHI Makoto FUKUCHI Takumi MATSUHASHI Sho KUKIMOTO Sayaka KANEKI Nobuyuki
2021.11Shoji Homu Portal
Maruyama Shinji's commentary "National and Tokyo Associations of Shareholder Affairs (Kabukon) Release their October 22, 2021 Proposal 'Conducting Virtual Shareholder Meetings' " is available on the Shoji Homu Portal Site.
2021.05Shoji Homu Portal
Maruyama Shinji's commentary titled "The Board of Directors' Resolution Opposing the Shareholder Proposals (NS Solutions Corporation)" is available on the Shoji Homu Portal Site.
2020.11Shoji Homu Portal
Maruyama Shinji's commentary titled "The first registration of designs for buildings, images and interiors under the revised Design Act." is available on the Shoji Homu Portal Site.
2020.07Shoji Homu Portal
Maruyama Shinji's commentary on "OOTOYA Holdings Discloses 'With Regard to the Exercise of Voting Rights by Shareholders Proposed at our General Meeting of Shareholders' " is available on the Shoji Homu Portal Site.
2020.02Shoji Homu Portal
Maruyama Shinji authors a commentary on proposed legislation for transparency and fairness in digital platforms (Shoji Homu Portal website)
2019.10Shoji Homu Portal
Maruyama Shinji's commentary titled "Personal Information Protection Commission Japan Updated Q&A for the Guidelines regarding Appropriate Treatment of Specific Personal Information" is available on the Shoji Homu Portal Site.
A book authored by our lawyers entitled "Theories and Business Practices of Prescription and Limitation of Period" is published by Nihon Kajo Publishing Co., Ltd.
- KASHIWAGI Kensuke EIGUCHI Manabu ITO Hiroki AOKI Shinji MUTOU Yuuki ITO Nanako FUJIWARA Hiroki MATSUDA Akira TOKUMARU Daisuke MARUYAMA Shinji KAKUNO Shu TOMITA Yusuke UENISHI Takuya KUDO Ryohei BEPPU Fumiya MORI Shunsuke KARASAWA Akira SAITO Hiroki YAMADA Kohei HORITA Koji SUZUKI Tomohiro NAKAMURA Saeko SASAKI Tomoo YU Zhiming Landry GUESDON
An article introducing interview to Maruyama Shinji (currently seconded to Bangkok Office of Rajah & Tann LLP.) entitled "Heading for Not the West, but Asia - As One of the few Japanese Attorneys who are still Minority in South East Asia" appears in ABROADERS INTERVIEW and that entitled "As an Attorney, Protecting the Interests of Japanese Companies in Asia" appears in 'Abroaders who Move the World.'
Maruyama Shinji contributed to the publication of "Response to antisocial forces in the era of globalization (1) - Toward the implementation of 'provisions to eliminate global gang groups,' " which appears in NBL991 (2012.12.15).
Ueda Atsushi, Maruyama Shinji and Kudo Ryohei co-authored an English article entitled "Distribution & Marketing of Drugs: Jurisdictional Comparisons" (The European Lawyer Reference Series) by Sweet & Mazwell in the UK, which offers an outline of the Pharmaceutical Affairs Act in Japan and commentary on law regulation and self regulation relating to distribution of drugs.
Lectures, Seminars and Conferences
Maruyama Shinji participated in a mock shareholders’ meeting of the 24th Workshop on expanding measures for civil intervention violence (March 5th 2013) as a panelist and authored the digest.
Speaker： MARUYAMA Shinji
Maruyama Shinji contributed the commentary concerning to the legal issues in the simulated shareholders meeting held in 23th extended training session for seclusion of anti-social forces from civil cases on March 6th.
Speaker： MARUYAMA Shinji
Karashima Satoshi, Tanaka Takashi, Ito Nanako, Maruyama Shinji and Karasawa Akira were appointed Partners.
Maruyama Shinji resumed his work at Iwata Godo upon completion of his service at a law firm in Thailand.
Maruyama Shinji has been seconded to a branch of Rajah & Tann LLP in Bangkok (head office in Singapore) and started his one-year-scheduled training as of May 1st.