- October 1992
- Born in Tokyo, Japan
- March 2011
- Graduated from Musashi High School
- March 2015
- Received his LL.B. from Chuo University
- March 2017
- Received his J.D. from Keio Law School
- December 2018
- Received his Diploma from the Legal Training and Research Institute of the Supreme Court of Japan (71st)
- December 2018
- Registered as a Japanese attorney and joined Iwata Godo
・Considering schemes relating to M&A transactions (including merger, corporate split, share exchange, business transfer, share transfer, share issuance, joint venture/ shareholders agreements, capital and business alliances), legal due diligence, and preparation/review of documentation such as contracts
・Legal advice and preparation of written opinion regarding the Civil Code, the Companies Act, the Financial Instruments and Exchange Act, stock exchange rules, and the Banking Act
・Preparation and review of various agreements (basic transaction agreements, sales and purchase agreements, lease agreements, service agreements, civil trust agreements, terms and conditions, and others)
・Investigation, response to authorities, and legal advice in connection with corporate scandals (especially related to the Anti-monopoly Act, the Subcontract Act, and the Act on Special Measures Concerning Proper Transfer of Consumption Tax)
・Support for general shareholders’ meetings (Considering convocation notices, scenarios and expected questions, and providing support for rehearsal and administrative support)
・Legal advice and preparation of written opinion concerning officer’s duty of due care of a good manager
・Legal advice on formulation, design, and operation of anti-takeover measures
・Advice on and response to commercial disputes
I will devote myself to provide accurate and prompt legal services to clients by always remembering my original state of mind when I aimed to become a lawyer and addressing each case earnestly.
List of Main Publications
・“Points of Documentary Surveys by Industry”(co-author, Business Houmu, July 2022)
・“6,000 Lectures on Legal Issues for Financial Institutions” (co-author, Kinzai Institute For Financial Affairs, 2022)
・"The GDR Insight Handbook 2022- Japan:Privacy”（co-author Law Business Research 2021）
・“Points to be Noted in Dealing with Shareholders’ Meetings Based on the Amended Companies Act (II)” (co-author, No. 443 issue (February 2021 issue) of Shoji Homu)
・“COVID-19 and Emergency Legal Responses thereto by Companies”(co-author, SMBC’s social gathering for discussion of business operations, 2020)
Iwata Godo lawyers co-author "The Latest Shareholder Meeting Stories" (Shoji Homu)
- TOJI Yoshihiro TAGO Shinya SAKAMOTO Tomoko IZUMI Atsushi ITO Hiroki EIGUCHI Manabu ITO Nanako AOKI Shinji TOKUMARU Daisuke MUTOU Yuuki KAKUNO Shu TOMITA Yusuke IIDA Hiroshi UENISHI Takuya MORI Shunsuke KARASAWA Akira ISHIKAWA Teppei SUZUKI Tomohiro SEKIGUCHI Akimasa SASAKI Tomoo FUKATSU Haruno FUKUCHI Takumi TOYOOKA Hiroto MATSUHASHI Sho KUKIMOTO Sayaka NOGUCHI Daisuke ITO Natsuho ANZAI Kazuto MATSUDA Taiki
2022.11Shoji Homu Portal
Matsuhashi Sho authors a commentary on the Proposed ISS Benchmark Policy Changes for 2023 (Shoji Homu Portal website)
2022.06Shoji Homu Portal
Matsuhashi Sho's commentary "JFTC's Enforcement of the Subcontract Act and Efforts for Fair Trade at Small and Medium Sized Businesses, FY2021" is available on the Shoji Homu Portal Site.
The lawyers of our firm participated in the writing of "6,000 Lectures on Legal Issues for Financial Institutions" (Kinzai Institute for Financial Affairs, Inc.)
- WAKABAYASHI Shigeo TOJI Yoshihiro TAGO Shinya MOTOMURA Takeshi YOSHIHARA Tomomichi URANAKA Hirotaka UEDA Atsushi SAKAMOTO Tomoko IZUMI Atsushi TANAKA Takashi OKUSHI Kenichi KASHIWAGI Kensuke EIGUCHI Manabu ITO Hiroki ITO Nanako MARUYAMA Shinji MATSUDA Takao FUJIWARA Hiroki MATSUDA Akira AOKI Shinji TOKUMARU Daisuke MUTOU Yuuki FUKASAWA Atsushi KAKUNO Shu TOMITA Yusuke IIDA Hiroshi UENISHI Takuya KUDO Ryohei MORI Shunsuke KARASAWA Akira AOYAMA Masahiro SAITO Hiroki IKEDA Minako ISHIKAWA Teppei YAMADA Kohei SUZUKI Tomohiro SEKIGUCHI Akimasa NAKAMURA Saeko FUKATSU Haruno ADACHI Makoto FUKUCHI Takumi MATSUHASHI Sho KUKIMOTO Sayaka KANEKI Nobuyuki
2021.12Shoji Homu Portal
Matsuhashi Sho's commentary "Japan Fair Trade Commission's Handling of the Case of Alleged Violations of the Antimonopoly Act against Rakuten Group" is available on the Shoji Homu Portal Site.
2021.06Shoji Homu Portal
Matsuhashi Sho's commentary titled "LIXIL Provided the Supplementary Explanation Regarding the Proposal for Partial Amendment to Articles of Incorporation to Enable a Virtual-Only Type of General Meeting of Shareholders." is available on the Shoji Homu Portal Site.
Ito Hiroki, Tomita Yusuke, Yamada Kohei, and Matsuhashi Sho co-authored an article titled "Points to be Noted in Dealing with Shareholders' Meetings Based on the Amended Companies Act (II)" which appears in No. 443 issue (February 2021 issue) of Shoji Homu.
2020.12Shoji Homu Portal
Matsuhashi Sho's commentary titled "Ajinomoto Co., Inc. Announces Its Transition to a Company with a Nominating Committee, etc. and the Establishment of a Sustainability Advisory Council." is available on the Shoji Home Portal Site.
2020.07Shoji Homu Portal
Matsuhashi Sho's commentary tited "MIC, MOJ, and METI Publicize the Q&A regarding Electronic Contract Services that Perform Encryption, etc. Using the Service Provider's Own Signing Key based on Instructions from Users" is available on the Shoji Home Portal Site.
2020.03Shoji Homu Portal
Matsuhashi Sho's commentary titled "The Japan Fair Trade Commission Issues Cease and Desist Orders and Surcharge Payment Orders to Sellers of Calvin Locks" is available on the Shoji Homu Portal Site.
We welcomed a new attorney, Adachi Makoto.
We welcomed new attorneys, Matsuhashi Sho and Kukimoto Sayaka.